Solomon Built the Temple: 1 Kings 6-8
Christ Connection: Jesus changed everything when He died for our sins on the cross. By taking our sin upon Himself, Jesus made the way for sinners to come to God. The temple was a place where God was with His people. The people could go there to make sacrifices and worship God. Today, when we trust in Jesus, He is with us wherever we go. We can look to Him for forgiveness and help.
- What does God know? God knows everything about the past, present, and future.
Family Starter Questions:
- Why did building the temple take such a long time? Why did the builders build with such care?
- How did God show He was with His people when the temple was complete? How do we know God is with us?
- Why do we no longer need to go to a temple to worship God?
- How does God dwell with us now?
- God’s promise to Solomon depended on his obedience? How is God’s promise to Christians different?
Verse: James 1:5 So if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.