Israel Taken Captive: 2 Kings 17
Christ Connection: Israel’s exile was God’s judgment on their sin but God was not finished working among His people. God was still working out His plan to keep His covenant promises. As you talk with your kids this week, point them to Jesus, the answer to God’s promises. When the Israelites disobeyed God again and again, God punished them by removing them from His presence. We disobey God, but Jesus took the punishment for our sin upon Himself. Jesus brings us into God’s presence and keeps us there.
- Why should we obey God? We should obey God because He made us, He loves us, and His plans are good.
Family Starter Questions:
- Guide family members to tell about a time they did or did not listen to a warning.
- Why was God loving to let His people be taken captive?
- How can we know we will have a home with God forever?
- Why don’t believers in Jesus need to fear being punished for our sin?
- What kind of consequences might we still face for sin?
- How can we stop sinning and obey God more each day?
2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”